Sunday, January 18, 2009

Healthy dieting?

There are a lot of subjects more worthy of this one, but I'm driven to write regarding current events in my life and this one is current, alright! Today is day one of 10 that is limited to 2 servings of fruit (designated ones) and 5 of veggies (also, designated) only. I actually enjoy most everything that's edible (my primary problem), but I also enjoy the "extras", like salad dressing, butter, salt, breads, meats and desserts! The particular list I'm following has no mention of the "extras" I just mentioned!
Eating is a funny thing... what we eat, why we choose what we do, and events that prompt too much eating, etc. I'm a "social" eater. By that, I mean I have so many great memories of family times around the table with great cooks bringing their "specialties", that I associate food with laughter and fun and being together... we had so many church "pot luck" gatherings, too. All is a part of my make-up, I'm sure.
I'll keep you posted on the next 9 days...

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, I know how tough this is. I am down 18 pounds since November 15th and it is hard work. Hope you are feeling better everyday and I know you are having a great recovery so far, at least from what i hear.

    ReplyDelete