Saturday, August 20, 2011

Medical Update- 8/20/11








There has been a lot of patience shown by all our friends & family as you wait on me to communicate these updates. Thank you for all your love & support. (I've said this a million times & still mean it!) Thank you most of all for your prayers because we believe with all our hearts, that God hears you & answers with a merciful hand. Please continue to beg Him to speak me healed of this disease. Mike & I pray this boldly every day & God continues to answer in the negative on our request, but we still go boldly to His throne & ask the Creator of the Universe for healing. He can do this at any moment & we give Him praise for life it's self! Whatever He chooses to do with our lives, so be it. We choose to live in submission to Him even when that means a completely different scenario than we would imagine. So, with that said, I want to update you on the continued rapid growth of Metastatic Disease on my body.



OK! Everyone says how good I look when they see me, so I will not argue that point! My face & demeanor is quite pretty! LOL! I'm out & about for basically one run a day. I'll meet a girlfriend for lunch, or run an errand even though I'm very limited by the heat! There are a couple of friends, along with my daughters & husband, who drive me on these errands (I have given up driving completely as I'm too slow due to pain meds & I'm terribly restricted in my movements of my left torso.) After the one outing for the day, then I'm at home resting or "piddling", as I like to call it.


Nearly all women in my circumstance began getting very sleepy as the cancer grows & overtakes their bodies. (The nurses with Hospice are incredibly in-tuned with me to keep me out of pain & give me any sort of comfort they can.) Women just begin to sleep & sleep & basically, after some days or weeks, sleep with pain meds & pass from this life to the next. However, I'm proving to do this differently than the other women nurses are ministering to. (This is of no surprise to any of us since I've asked God from day one to walk this walk the way He chooses & the submission to Him will chart the course for my life here & my life to come.) Even though my face & demeanor are beautiful, the cancer is ravishing my left torso. It's growing at a rapid pace & there's no hiding it unclothed. So, Mike & I are well-aware, that even though I can go & do a bit & look good, the cancer is what it is.


This makes for the "guess" that I might face death without as much "warning" as other ladies. That I'm not sleeping like I should be in corolating with my torso. More than likely (IF God doesn't heal me miraculously), we'll not have much head's up. This news does not make Mike, Randi & Eric, Tyrel & Taylor or me sad at all! This has been our prayer as a family, that I live until I die. That, with God's merciful hand, He will give me days to live (& not sleep) to enjoy with my family & friends & church.


Please join us in that prayer- that I live until I die- & thank Him already for these days. Like I said, the cancer is really taking it's toll on my left side & I cannot continue to physically live this way, even though, we still have no timeframe on my transition from here to Heaven.


I'm still thankful to serve the God I serve. I'm still thankful beyond words for my family. I'm still living an incredibly blessed life because God loves me all the time.


Blessings!

7 comments:

  1. Praying with you and expecting blessing. It is interesting how our hearts can both ache and rejoice at the same time...only a very good God could create those two feelings as one. Love Him and love you. (Virginia his just absolutely delightful! I return home on Wed.)
    Much love...sj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend each day thinking of you and praying for you...even if I don't communicate this to you. Linda S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your faith and your hope are an inspiration. That you're able to rejoice in your circumstance is proof of the goodness of God. I join with you in your prayer that you will "live until (you) die!" If I may be so bold as to direct you to weeks 32-34:
    http://www.awmi.net/tv/2011
    and to God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a friend of randi's from acu...i just want to say thank you for sharing your story and for your tremendously beautiful faith. i am touched by each one of these entries that you have written. you have taught me so much about what it means to truly let God lead your life, and i don't even know you! i think of you often, and will continue to bring your family before the Father as you continue to walk this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying right now for you and Mike. Love you both and lift you up in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, May God continue to grand much mercy, and time with your family. I pray for you and Mike. You are special to many. Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. Keep smiling, trusting, going, loving,doing and blessing. We're right with you in God's everlasting arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon,
    Just a quick note to say that you're in our prayers and all your family too. Hang in there, dear Sister and keep trusting in the Lord, He's right there with you.
    Love,
    Charlotte
    You drew near in the day that I called on You; You said, Fear not. O Lord, You strove for the causes of my soul; You redeemed my life.
    Lam 3:57,58

    ReplyDelete