Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 12 Post-Surgery Update


Wow! So thankful for each day's healing post-surgery! This is no joke of a surgery & completely remarkable that medical minds have even been able to think it through & accomplish such things!
Had 1 post-op appointment with breast surgeon this week, now today, another appointment with plastic surgeon. My body is tracking on the appropriate timeframe, so again, that's another praise. (I can understand now why they've allotted 6 weeks to thoroughly heal!)
I've had a couple of teary times lately, (would be lieing if I told you this was easy) but count that as normal for all we're dealing with. Then, within a little while, gain prespective, & get ready to face the next step in this journey.
Really, I don't know what I'd do without Mike & his unending love, support, patience & strength. Have no doubt that husbands go through breast cancer, too. And, his commitment to the Lord & to me cannot be described in a brief blog.
Thank you for continued prayer, love & support expressed daily. We've an amazing support group who's actions can only be attributed to the love had for Jesus. Then, that love just spills over onto us. We thank you!
Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that though you have had to shed a tear or two that at least your tears are not for lack of improvement and fear. Your healing has been so great from such a scary initial prognosis. I truly believe that the family unit you have nurtured all these years is the same reason for your tremendous healing. Your girls are two of the sweetest young women that I know. And, Mike... you know that I have loved and respected him for most of my adult life...he's a keeper! God has surrounded you well and I know that it contributes to your healing to feel his love through them. You're a lucky girl!

    Hang in there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete