Sunday, March 6, 2011

Walking in Confidence

White blood count took a hit & dropped. This is not what you & I have prayed would happen. It is, however, still high enough for me to receive Chemo next week & will be taken, again, immediately before treatment to confirm my body's ability to take the next dose of treatment. For those of you who constantly love us & pray for us, I thank you! God is listening & answering! This, to me, is a hard answer but not a harsh one. God, for now, is keeping all of us- together- on this road. He can be trusted, so we walk . We don't just walk, but we walk with confidence. He IS!

My cancer marker was not measured on Friday, but should be this coming week. I was excited to hear the measurement of this number, but in waiting another week, God gives me strength. Waiting a few more days to know the answer, is no big deal when relying on a God who is not bound by time. He has taught us much about waiting these last two years, so with some lessons learned, we wait.

This weekend, right after labs, some of the dearest women in the world to me- The Washburn Women- gathered for a girls' weekend with Randi, Taylor, Paisley & me. Let me just say, we needed them & the time was blessed! No words, really, can express the love we have for these women who are not biological sisters, but neverless, sisters! God brought me to this family nearly 35 years ago & even with the imperfection found in all of us, the love runs deep! Love like that comes from Jesus & every one in that group knows Him well!

One last detail before this post ends. My hair is "leaving the building!" The next time most of you see me, I will be the cute little bald lady, again! Losing my hair is not something that will ruin my day, but, whenever I pass a mirror, is a reminder I'm sick, again. The last year & few months, I've looked & felt so great & it was encouraging to have my nice, thick hair! It was a sign of wellness to me, so I share this loss with you because cancer is a complicated journey & not as simple as all that.

God gets the glory today! It was one full of hope, disappointment, love, laughter, sorrow, loss, grace, sunshine & chill! It was a day He gave me & in it's fullness of emotion, I praise Him! It was a gift & I thank Him. It was undeserved & He gets the credit for this day!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Disappointing news, but as always you encourage us with your patience as you wait upon the Lord. His ways are true and good and you know it very well. Praying this week that God will fill you with healing, super natural healing from above, and that your white blood counts will go up, up, up! Praying for you and Mike constantly...

    ReplyDelete