Thursday, March 3, 2011

Haircut, The Hills & Blood Counts, Oh My!

It's possible that I'll lose my hair again through these rounds of Chemo, so I put off going in for the normal haircut & highlights, until I know for sure. (It's shocking, I know, that my pretty blonde hair is not completely natural! hehe) Eric & Randi, however, disagreed with my decision & made me an appointment to keep me lookin' good through these treatment days! Randi & the boys took me to see Susan McPeek Baker (hair-stylist extraordinaire!) & she got me all fixed up, as usual! Thank you to E&R for the thoughtfulness & thanks to C&B for all their "help" at the salon! Love these boys!

Last week I turned 54 years old. In the same week, Mike & I had had our 27th anniversary at The Hills Church of Christ. I realize I've been blessed to spend half my life at one of the best churches in the whole wide world! I love the people of this church & am incredibly thankful to walk with those who love Jesus with their whole hearts! We're also connected- through Jesus- to thousands & thousands of Christians around the world saved by the grace of our beloved Savior! I'm just thankful from the bottom of my heart for the community of this incredible place! (There is ALWAYS room for more with Jesus, so please make Him your life, if He's not already!)


Tomorrow are "labs" for me. PLEASE pray the cancer marker count is DOWN & the white blood count is UP! This blood work is what tells the story of what's happening inside my body, so I'm begging God for this! I'm not ashamed at all to beg Him for what I want! I am His daughter & I stand secure in His undying love for me. I trust He'll do what's best for His glory & I praise Him either way, but He's said to tell Him my heart's desire, so the conversations we have are constant & intimate about these matters! Thank you for taking my name to our loving Creator!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment