Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Come Boldly to the Throne of His Mercy!"

Hebrews 4:16 has really been on my mind lately. God's mercy has been planted deeply on my heart these past few weeks- nothing from myself, but straight from Him. "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." Isn't this an amazing truth about our Father? He tells us where to come & how to get His mercy! He actually gives me direction on how to recieve this great gift! Like telling a child where to go & find a prized Christmas present!The reason I know His mercies are new every morning & that it never ends is because He tells me this about Himself. It's that easy! So, what I've found in my life is that his mercy never ends! It's new every morning & waiting on me to claim it.
As my family and friends face some hard good-byes, we're utterly dependent on His mercy. One blessed act of God toward us, is that He's shown us His mercy over & over again in our lives, so there's no indication at all, here at the end of my life, that we wouldn't have His same new mercies each morning. I'm leaning hard on His mercy as He provides a way for my family & loved ones to say good-bye to me for a time & go on my way to see Jesus face to face. I'm looking forard to that day & His mercy will get me there.
Since we know mercy from Him & what that looks like, it's meant to be passed to others. All of us grieve in such different ways & all those who love me will have to show mercy to one another even when they don't respond to death in the same way. But, God has promised to be there & will get each person through, I'm cerain of this!
None of us deserve mercy, but God decided to show it to us anyway. Now, it's our turn to copy Him and just pour mercy over everyone we love!
There are going to be hard days after my death that a family member just needs a "free pass" for a bit to go to the Lord & honestly lay their hearts out. When we can be merciful to that person & give them some time to grieve, then we will have taken a step towards mercy, & that's a good thing.
Death is not easy & neither is life, so mercy is the way to go. We know Who gives it & we know where to get it & we know He gives it when we need it the most. So, mercy it is! Thank you, sweet Father God, for such a gift! Such an undeserving gift!
Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Washburn, I can't even begin to put into words what your words, spoken from God through you, have done for my relationship with the Lord this last year. I love you and thank you for the example you have set for me since I was in junior high. Praying daily for you, Mr. Washburn, your precious girls and their families, your extended family and all loved ones. Again, I thank God and you a million times for not holding back and saying "yes" to God.

    Love,
    Andrea Rosier Murr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you God for speaking to me through Sharon today. Please continue to bless her with wisdom and understanding. Bless her and her family with peace in their faith. Glory to you oh Father for your magnificent mercy and love. May we all be but reflections of that love and mercy in the lives of those with whom we come in contact today. Thank you Sharon for sharing with me as I begin my day in Thailand. I love you and Mike and your children.
    Art Lynch

    ReplyDelete