Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mixed-Up Day

Alot on my heart, so I'll get right to it. This morning was rough. Long-term good-byes to people we love - just stinks! The blessing was Tyrel & Taylor got to visit a few days & the hard part was seeing them drive off to return to their home in Virginia. Boy, oh, boy... Mike just let my cry it out. Loving so deeply makes those good-byes HARD! (Thank goodness for cell phones, emails & technology to shorten those long, long miles between us!)

Then, labs were later in the morning. The blessing was the white blood count stayed strong. The harder news was the red blood count dropped. Blessing is doctors ordered me a booster shot which should fix the situation & not add additional pain to the bones... so, just like everything in life, there's blessings mixed in with the difficulties. Life is always a mixture & God is always- I mean always- good through it all. He says through Jeremiah, "Call to Me & I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous & wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." (The Message) It's amazing how God is faithful to do just what He's said. No way I could ever figure out life on my own & then He shows me something about myself, sheds light on His character, clarifies & comforts. Sometimes He gives immediate answers & sometimes He doesn't, but He ALWAYS, ALWAYS is faithful in showing up!

Chemo round #7 is on schedule for next Thursday. Joint pain is managable with pain meds & fatigue continues to be high. You continue praying, loving & supporting- which is amazing considering the many weeks (& now months) we've needed you. There's a card several of you have sent our way that says, "No ocean can hold it back. No river can overtake it. No whirlwind can go faster. No army can defeat it. No law can stop it. No distance can slow it. No disease can cripple it. No force on earth is more powerful or effective than the power of prayer." (Christian Expressions by Dayspring) I read these words over & over & know they're true! The reason I know prayer's power is because our God is on the other side!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment