Monday, May 11, 2009

Quick Update

Wanted to let you know how it's going since Round #5 last Thursday. This is the first round of the next 4 rounds of meds in the chemo cocktail, so we didn't know exactly what to expect. Let me begin with the biggest blessing- and that's little to no nausia! YEA! (I don't rejoice over this lightly... I'm so very thankful this group of meds has low nausia!!)
The hardest side-effects from the new meds are fatigue (very high fatigue- just no energy in the tank!) and joint pain. Achy, achy, achy all over. Another blessing is the aggressive way my oncologist addresses these side-effects and has made certain I have what I need to combat them.
I was in bed or on the sofa for a full 4 days immediately following chemo, then went to work Monday for about 4 hours. By the time I was there half a day, I was completely spent and remianed in bed the rest of the day. I didn't go to work today as the energy level remains low, but am hoping to give it a go tomorrow for a few hours.
With your love and support, and especially your prayers, I feel strong on the inside. I know my body is working so hard to rebuild and God is helping give me a spirit of patience for myself as I rest.
A continued thank-you as you faithfully pray for us! Your prayers are valuable and God has not left us for even a minute through it all. He'll see us through the next 3 rounds, we're certain.
Love and blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment