Monday, May 18, 2009

Tears in a Bottle

Blessings to all who've asked my family about me & are still praying after all these weeks! You are marathoners & we're grateful & still leaning very, very hard on the grace of our Lord!

Never really experienced fatigue like this- ever- in my life! That's the most recent side-effect of chemo & is really hard to explain adequately. I've not posted on the blog as I've not had the energy to sit at the computer & write just from being so terribly tired. The achiness & joint pain, eventhough it's tough, has been controlable with medicines. But, the fatigue "is what it is!" Nothing I can do but lay down, take it a day at a time & wait it out! The scripture in Isaiah continues to ring in my head that those who wait on the Lord shall have renewed strength. He's been faithful every day of my life, so there's no reason for Him to stop now! I claim His promise & know there will be a day I can have wings like the eagles, run & not grow weary!

Tears have come this week, too. I tell you this because I'm human & not super-woman. I think I've been grieving over the losses I feel. I've lost my energy, active lifestyle, ability to work many hours or do things I'm very used to doing. The tears have come & now are gone for the moment. Grief often catches us off-guard but is necessary to healthy living. It's sad to me that time is lost in doing things I love to do. But, I don't think the time is gone forever... just re-distributed. Make sense? God speaks & comforts through the tears (& has provided me an incredible husband & 2 daughters who are amazing) & once again, makes sense of it all. So, He catches my tears in a bottle, picks me up & moves me on.

Besides my salvation & spiritual blessings, my greatest earthly blessing is Mike. If I ever find a flaw in him, I'll be sure to let you know! God wrapped him in a bow & handed him to me on a silver platter! Why? I have no idea! Just incredibly thankful He did!

Today I was able to work 3 hours, eat a bite of lunch, take a nap & now am sitting up on the sofa. I'm so thankful for this! It may sound simple, but to do these "normal" things is just wonderful! I'm thankful these few days before the next round on Thursday are proving to have a higher level of energy for me. Keep praying, my friends!

Love & blessings to all!

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart, You have always served others and now it's your turn to be served. I know it's hard, but you are giving others an opportunity to be blessed just as you have felt blessed to serve all these years. I agree with you. Your Mike is pretty special. I have a feeling that he and my husband were/are being formed from the same clay. I know they both know the potter. I send my love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete