Monday, August 3, 2009

Bring on Normal- Bring on Mundane!

Got the "go" from the Surgeon for Radiation to begin- so it's next. Much more to it than I ever imagined (like everything about cancer & treatment)! First treatment is Thursday after Similation on Wednesday. Whew! Pray God protects me from fatigue & burning. These are the 2 side-effects I dread the most & know He'll be with me no matter what the treatment brings my way. Thank Him for such medical knowledge these days!

This last week I've enjoyed feeling better & better since chemo is becoming more of the past. I've enjoyed more the daily routine of life. This may sound insignificant but it means the world to me. The "normal" & "mundane" daily comings & goings of life... the ones that are so many times taken for granted, mean more than ever right now! Getting out of bed, getting dressed for the day, breakfast, errands (still for me it's doctor's appts- LOL!), cooking a meal, putting a load of laundry in the washer, etc. I went to the grocery store alone for the first time in months. I was tired afterward, but nothing like during chemo, so am so very thankful!

I think I enjoy the mundane because it's just so simple. Sure, it's fun to make the big memories- the big parties & events with lots of family & friends... but the day to day is the thread through it all. It's the quiet times, the chores that contribute to the family's well-being. It's the thoughtful, small things that have to be done & bring us together as a family. I love a quiet Saturday morning with Mike & a hot cup of coffee (chemo took that taste away but I hope it returns someday- for now it's a glass of milk for me while Mike has the coffee!) Having the fresh strawberries ready for Cason or holding Braden when they come over to visit- things like that just make me smile.

All the little things add up to pure joy when I remember they're all done with & for those I love the most. So, bring on "normal" & bring on "mundane"! Thank you, Lord, for these things!

Blessings!

1 comment: