Friday, August 14, 2009

So Far, So Great!

Today is radiation #7 of 25 & all is well! I've gone to work 3 to 4 hours each day before radiation & it's Friday & I'm still up & going! Yea! I also am seeing the surgeon twice a week right now for some post-op stuff going on, so pray my body will co-operate soon so these visits can come off the calendar. God continues to out-do Himself in taking care of my family & me! What can I say? He's just good every day!

Pray God will keep protecting me from high fatigue & burning. These are the 2 side-effects that will be most likely to effect me, so God's protection is so important! I'm blue-eyed & fair-skinned, so "sun-burning" is a concern of the doctors. The Radiation-Onocologist looks at me every Monday to give the "go" for another week. If she determines I'm too burned, she'll stop the treatments for a week to give time for some recovery before continuing. Also, since the area of the left breast is over the heart & partial lung, pray these vital organs are protected through all the treatments. Mike & I continue to feel blessed with this medical team (remember that was one of God's answers to us early on- 6 months ago now!) We trust their judgement & trust God more! We're in good hands!

Thank you a million times for praying for the Washburns, Freebys & Johnsons! We rely so heavily on your love, support & prayers! God is faithful in showing us daily He's listened all these months & has answered in powerful ways for us! Thank you!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering about you all week - thanks for the update! "Thank you, God, for a good week for Sweet Sharon!" I am so happy, Sharon, that God is so showing his faithfulness to you. What a testimony you have had, do have and will continue to have. REST this week-end - I know you will - but also rest knowing all the prayers that continue to flow over you.

    I love you!!

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete