Monday, April 25, 2011

The Business of Need!

Easter! One of the best days on the calendar, for it points the world to Jesus Christ & what He's done for all of us! Friday, as he died on the Roman cross, was truly the darkest of days. Seemed so hopeless. Then, Sunday comes! His tomb is empty! He's victorious over sin & provides a way to God ALmighty! He's alive & is to this day! What a Savior!

Now, He's done all of this for all people- now it's our turn- the ball is in our court- as to what we do with these actions from the Son of God! Wow! What happenings! He's waiting for a loving response to His love. What will we do? Everyone gets to choose how to fill this hole in our hearts. Will it be with people, things, wealth, fame, power, apathy, entertainment, denial? Or, will we fill this hole with Jesus Christ- our risen Lord? Our ALIVE Lord! Our loving Lord! My choice is Him! Always Him! Every day it's Him! I can't & won't take what He did & do nothing with it! Thank you, Jesus, for Easter! For beating sin & death & saving me! For getting me back to Father God! For, without You, there's no way to get to heaven! You did it! You won! You provided! You deserve my praise & You have it! Amazing Savior!

God & I have shared many intimate conversations throughout my lifetime. These last two years have been a bit unique because of my physical illness, so now I share one of these intimate times- since there's no better time than Easter. Thank you for your unbelievable support through these two years. My prayer is that your own walk will be enhanced as I share some of mine. God wants all of us in heaven with Him. If you want Him- you can have Him, all because of Easter! All because Jesus rose from the dead! Wow!

When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I guess I told God right away it might be a mistake! I told Him some things about me, surely He'd not realized or had forgotten! I reminded Him that I was & am needed here on earth. Mike needs me. He needs me as his wife, but also his helpmate as we serve The Hills Church! There are so many needs in a church this size with missionaries around the world! All these people need godly men leading & God had placed me in a position to minister to Mike! Surley God remembered this! I minister to Mike so he can minister to so many others!

Next, I reminded God that Randi, Taylor, Eric & Tyrel need me. They need my guidance, encouragement, direction, wisdom, etc, etc. See, I KNOW God gifted me as a wife & mother. That's my calling from Him. This is not bragging- it's simply fact. God gifts all of us with purpose in this life & I know in my heart, this is the gift He gave me! Now, my grandchildren need me! What is He thinking ? Cason, Braden & Paisley need me! I can help them know You! I can help lead them to You! Are You SURE about this cancer thing? Please, God! Reconsider!

Mike & I are commited to helping hurting people all over the world! We send our money, our people & our prayers to people we don't even know! We pray we'll see people in heaven because of the reflection of Jesus in our lives towards them. They need me, too!

God's overt response to me was a very hard pill to swallow! He said, "Sharon, they don't NEED you!" "All these people you've named don't need you at all! They need ME & Me only!" He went on to tell me over & over, "They like you, love you, enjoy you, look to you, but don't need you! You've been fulfilling the calling I've given you as you love & minister to all these, but they still don't need you. They NEED me!"

This was disheartening, at first, for I felt needed & like God had given this direction for my life. I felt I was doing what He wanted. So, it was all a bit confusing... then He repeats AGAIN- "You did not create them, you did not save them & you are not their Holy Spirit!" "All they truly NEED is ME!" "The hole I put in your heart & the hole that is in every human can only be filled by Me! Whether you are in the picture or not, I will pursue them until they fill the hole with Me!"

As we talked & I listened more & more, this news turned from disheartening to freedom! God's right- always has been- the people I love the most don't need me- they need Him! The downtrodden we don't know but choose to help don't need us, they need Him! Whether my life continues (& is a vessel for Him) or my life ends, God is Who I need. God is Who you need. I can point, pray, help & encourage to the Lord... but that's all. The choice is up to each one. I'm not needed for that choice- only Him!

My view of those I love has been so different these two years. As I help anyone in Jesus' name, I view their journey differently. God is at work as He pursues! Holy Spirit is convicting & comforting! Jesus constantly is providing the way to God! That's all any of us need!

Thank you, God for your words & your love to me! Taylor told me in the San Diego airport just as I was boarding an emergency flight home last February, "Mom, no matter what, you WILL see Tyrel, Paisley & me in heaven!" This brought such calm in a troubled sea! For you see, Mike will be there! Randi, Eric & their boys will be there, too! So many I love & so many I don't even know will be there! They don't need me to get them there! Only their Almighty God! That's worthy of praise!

The business of NEED is God alone!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Precious truths, dear sister and friend. Thank you for your heart that points us to Him!

    Much love,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete