Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Weeks Out!

In the morning will mark two weeks post-surgery! I've not written much at all, simply because of the fatigue, but know you're praying & lifting me to the Lord daily & nightly! I hear from so many of you via text, Inbox, FB & email. I'm so thankful for all these forms of communication! Thank you! I continue recovery, even though the process seems slow to me. Lots of trauma to my body, but glad I had the surgery done for quality of life. Mike & I still don't know a whole lot. This sounds strange, & is, but it's true. The Oncologist says she's even amazed at the rapid speed in which this cancer seems to be growing! She described it like a "wildfire" & has to sit & watch when & where it will show up next. Triple-Negative Metastatic Disease does not put us in a position of being pro-active, but rather, reactive. There is no rhyme or reason to it's spread nor the pace in which it grows. Those things are unknown to the medical community & research is being done as we speak. It is as different in each woman as there are women. It doesn't have a certain "path" it follows, or medicine it responds to. This is very difficult news for people who love us, because everyone, it seems, wants to know the "answer"! There is none. The ONLY cure for this disease is God speaking it so! But, for man, there are no answers, yet. Maybe, someday, like so many other diseases, man will find a treatment or cure. But for now, as much as a cure is wanted or thought is out there, there simply isn't. Yesterday, we learned my tumor marker (or cancer marker) has taken a huge jump. This is not good news, for it indicates to doctors the direction & pace of the disease. This is not the answer we've been asking God for. But, it is the answer we received. We trust God knows what He's doing. He always has, & there's no reason to think any different about Him. I go in, again, Monday for additional lab work to continue to track this number. The information we receive- almost daily- is ever new & changing, & makes it difficult to communicate fully like I want to. Monday we will have more conformation of the direction of my number. My name was added to the lottery for the PARP drug & has not been chosen, yet. There's a drawing each Tuesday, so we wait on that, too. Please pray about all these things for us. For complete healing at His word, the lottery, wisdom, cancer number direction, halt of the disease, more time for me to live with all those I love, greater faith & trust, living & dieing the way God intends. All these things we need His guidance on. All these things we trust Him with. All these things are easy for Him. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment