Sunday, April 10, 2011

Post Lung Surgery!

Whew! I've not felt like writing since surgery, but have thought every single day of the people who are praying for me & my family. I've thanked God every day for people who love us & for His love! There is simply no other way I could have gotten through this surgery & recovery but to have Him & His people on my side! Two weeks ago, as the Thorasic surgeon was explaining what he must do, I was hit with a brick wall of reality! My deeply spiritual prayer, was simply, "Father God! Please, please, please make this all go away!" "I'm so tired & I'm begging You to speak it gone!" He did not. I simply didn't have the courage within myself to get through this- but God provided just what I've needed & not a moment too soon! His grace is sufficient & I've leaned hard on Him & His promises to me! He's with me & I've never felt alone, so I thank Him! He didn't speak this disease gone for me, but has proven faithful to be with me as I go! We'll not know the full extent of success of surgery for another couple of weeks (this takes time) but I will update you as soon as I know. For now, even though my breathing is very restricted, I feel like I'm breathing better. My appetite is slowly returning, also, which was a goal of the surgery. I'd not been able to eat for weeks because the heavy fluid in my lung was sitting on my stomach, giving me no sensation of hunger. Each day, I feel like eating a little bit more, so again, am thankful! For this particular surgery (7th in 2 years) I had to have an artery line (in addition to the IV line in my right arm.) This is still hurting me & the recovery of this has taken me by surprise. I'm praying this heals soon as the pain is annoying! There are 4 incisions through my left rib cage that are terribly sore, so again, praying this pain subsides soon. I'm thankful every day for the decision I made long ago to follow Jesus. I'm thankful for His love, for His faithfulness, courage, strength & mercy toward me. I would never- ever- want to walk this journey without Him. My heart's desire is that anyone & everyone who ever is touched by this blog, never walk their journey alone! Don't do it! Sometimes the road gets bumpy & smoothes out. Other times, it gets rockier & more trecherous. Either way, there's a choice of Who goes with us. For me, it's Jesus. I thank you all for praying for & supporting me! I'm incredibly blessed by you! The stories we've received of the acts of kindness you've done towards others in our honor are just incredible! Your thoughtfulness, generosity & overt love of others is inspiring & uplifting to us! That's the bond of Jesus! That's the depth of love He provides! That's the cold water He passes out freely! This journey of breast cancer is one I never imagined I'd walk! I never dreamed this would be my life or my family's road! This is not something I'd ever chosen for myself or the people I love. But, here we are. So, we walk. And, we trust. And, He is faithful. Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Once again you're precious words are like a balm to my soul. You have NO idea how much I needed to hear them today. Thank you Lord for laying these words on Sweet Sharon's heart. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sharon,
    Thank you for being an inspiration and allowing God to shine through your life. I met your mom and dad when I was a very little girl. I remember your father playing the guitar for us and singing. Your family has been an encouragement to mine for many years. We will keep you in our prayers.
    Love,
    Christine Evans
    (Steve and Cheryl Orduno's Daughter)

    ReplyDelete