Thursday, May 5, 2011

Organ Donation #2

"Organ Donation" triggered a switch of thought & prayer for so many, so I continue to be thankful for people of faith who can talk to Almighty God about such things! Some will never want to donate & others will jump at the chance. The reason I chose UT Southwestern Medical School is because all my breast MRI's were done there. It's a fabulous facility & Mike & were treated with such care & respect there. So, for us, it's the direction we wanted to go. But, there are literally hundreds to choose from with different criteria for different people & needs.

Since Day One of "Breast Cancer" diagnosis, my prayer has been to our Faithful God, that I walk this journey the way He wants me to (I'm such a failure on my own!) And, that NONE of this journey be wasted! I share the cancer walk publicly because I'm compelled by Holy Spirit to do so & have strong conviction from Him that stopping short of donation would be wasting this body He's given me. (This is very personal dialogue & I hold no one else to this decision - AT ALL!)

The compliments of "selflessness" coming from you are understood & appreciated but I also want to say this is "selfish", too! I don't want future generations to even hear the word "cancer", much less deal with it themselves or watch a love one's life be taken by it. So, you can say I'm "self-less" & "full-of-self" at the same time! LOL!

A dear high school friend wrote me a private message not wantng to brag on her med-student daughter, but I want you to know the beaustiful confirmation she sent me. With her permission, here are her sweet & most encouraging words, even from another perspective.

"... Our oldest daughter is in medical school. She has learned SO much from studying the bodies of gracious donors. She tells me about each one she has had or currently has. She treats them with dignity, prays for the families who said good-bye to them & studies them as much as she can. She always feels a sense of loss when she is finished studying them. She has made it VERY clear to us donating her body to a med school is also her desire when she is finished with it here on earth.

So, I believe your choice is very wise. Thanks to you & others, people like our daughter can be amazed & learn about the intricacies of the body & study disease to help the next person."

Her precious words yesterday, encourage me & actually put a stamp of approval on my decision of organ donation that I made many years ago!

God is good! He's amazing! He outdid Himseld when He created you & me!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment