Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Organ Donation!

I guess I was 16 years old & a new driver when I made the decision to be an organ donor. I was most excited about the decision & proud to mark "Donor" down on my license. I was also happy to donate blood for 25 to 30 years, too.

A couple of years ago, when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, the dedication to organ donation, of course, changed. I could no longer donate since the cancer was throughout my bloodstream, & no one wants ANY organ riddled with cancer.

Several months ago, I checked into full-body donation & am excited to say I filled out all the paperwork & have been accepted by Southwestern Medical Center of Dallas. This pleases me greatly & I pray this donation can help even one medical student understand Triple-Negative Breast Cancer to help other women behind me in this disease! I pray this institution will help rid the world of cancer through it's research!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sharon. Your decision will be a long lasting blessing to many. I can't think of a more amazing gift you could give. Continue to pray for God's hand on mercy be heavy on you.

    ReplyDelete