Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Thankful on this Memorial Day for men & women willing to serve our country. Thank you!

The short holiday weekend reminds me, yet again, of just how brief life is. I look forward for time to spend with loved ones & then time slips away. We spend a few days together & it's time for everyone to go home. To leave- again. Time is tricky that way.

Today Randi & Eric have been married 9 years. 9 years! Where has that time gone? How in the world did those years go by as quickly as they have? Another reminder of the speed in which life goes by!

Mike & I are about to celebrate 35 years of marriage. 35 years! How can that possibly be? I've not even turned around & the time is gone!

Funny, yes... but, should be expected. God has told me from His word that this is the way life goes. That it's brief. That it's here & then withers away like the grass & flowers. He's warned - all along- to live life by His example of Jesus because it won't be here forever. Things won't last here on earth.

So, after another very brief holiday full of laughter & good-bye tears, I'm thankful to serve a God who is not bound by time. The calendar doesn't dictate His comings & goings. I'm thankful to serve Him because He's not bound by anything that binds me. No limitations, no good-byes to loved ones, no dread of death.

I'm glad I serve Him. I'm thankful He loves me. I'm acutely aware life here is brief & eternity is forever & I'm at peace with it.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for yet another remarkable post, Sharon. God has given you an amazing gift of being able to look mortality in the face while being an encouragement to others. We've never met, but I imagine your beautiful face glows much like Moses' as he descended Mt. Sinai. Your writings exude joy and the hope you have in our Savior. I continue to pray for you and your family every day. Happy anniversary to you and Mike, and to Randi and Eric. May our Lord wrap you in his warm blanket of love and comfort.

    ReplyDelete