Monday, June 27, 2011

Grace in the Details!

Sometimes in my life, trusting God with the big items is just quite a bit easier than trusting Him with the smaller details. Is this the control freak within me? Why do I , at times, fret & fret over the little things? Why can I so easily get frustrated with the Lord for His delay on working out the small issues? (Really when I look back, no such thing exists! He doesn't delay! He does care! He does work things out!) I just want Him to do it my way & work faster & more openly & orchastrate the way I would! How foolish can I be? Really? Nothing- if done my way- would work out well! God has showed me literally over & over & over that His grace is sufficient for me. He must just shake His head- at times- & with a lot of love, think- when is Sharon gonna get it? When will she completely follow & trust & know I've got it under control?

Oh, Lord! Please help me get through these small details of this life! Please plant on my mind & heart that your grace is sufficient, giving me what I need, exactly when I need it! Why, is this sometimes more easily done with cancer, than with the nit-picking day to day walk?

One of these days- one of these days- we're ALL going to get it! We're ALL going to bask in the full knowledge of the sufficiency of His grace! We're all going to be at utter peace because we'll know- not just say- but know He's got it under control & the pace in which He works is perfect & the timing is absolutely to the wire on His side everytime!

After writing about the sweetness of Heaven, I've received many, many requests to find loved ones who already live there & hug them. Explain some things to them & tell them of the surity of the love the people here on earth have for them. I can tell you for certain I will deliver these requests with my whole heart! I will communicate in a very clear way the love that's held for them! I will honor those people here as I hug those people there!

But, I can tell you here- with full assurance- that the people who already live in Heaven- completely get it! They live there with no regrets of the unfinished business done here on earth. They live in pure joy with no wasted time mourning what could have been. People we love who live in heaven, live in the Light, with THE Light & spend no time wishing time away! So, even though, I will convey every message you have for me to give (& I'm certain God allows all that loving communication), I also already know, it's okay between them & us! There's no miscommunication, no words spoken incorrectly or not spoken at all. There's perfect peace in the presence of our perfect Lord!

God supplies grace at every turn. He says His grace is sufficient- all we need- & in heaven we'll finally understand the worry & regret & control & guilt we carry here, was never needed! And, certainly not needed there! How great is that? Our loved ones there already live that way? They already know because the dim mirror that once was used is now clear as day!

So, Lord, thank you for your grace today! Thank you for so giving it to me so freely & holding nothing back from me in this life! Thank you for this grace as is proves your love over & over! Please help me see it in the details of our family today as we lay it all at your feet! We completely rely on Your grace! Your grace is sufficient! Your grace is all I need.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing insight into God's grace and the perfect place where our loved ones have gone to heaven. No regrets and finally understanding all God's promises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the words that you share...the heart that you have...and the love of the Lord everyone sees in your journey. I love you...Linda S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your words, your insights, your reminders of God's grace and love. Thanks for sharing and encouraging all of us, even when you are the one who should be on the receiving end! You are my hero! Love you so much, Kathy

    ReplyDelete