Sunday, July 24, 2011

Another God Day - Follow-Up

As you can imagine, there has been much private notes written & discussion as people have read my blog regarding the happenings on the flight a couple of months ago & the exchange that day. I'm still taken back when I think of all that took place on that flight. There have been many times in my life when I would have stood my ground, hopefully respectfully so, but stood up against that sort of treatment. But, at that time I just didn't have it in me. On her part it would be easy to see I was a patient of some sort as I had no hair & used the scarf and cap & was at a weakened state.


I might eventually write in a leter to the airline, letting them know of the happening, simply so it won't happen to anyone else. But, for now, I'm just thankful for Nancy. She & I would not have met had this not happened. Remember, I had alrady made the decision not to talk on this particular flight. I had left Taylor, Tyrel & Paisley & I just wanted to get home to Mike. (My family & I are in a position these days- that when we say good-bye to each other, my physical health can be drastically different the next time we are together. That, or quite frankly, not see each other again & that keeps us in a sobered state of mind. It's weird, but normally when adults have to part ways, we pretty much know what we'll be like the next time we see each other. Or, we think we do. We don't usually have an acute realization that this may be the last flight I'm able to make or that an "event" in my health will force a meeting, etc.) I share that with you now because it's a part of this journey that "hangs over your head" all the time. Of course, we can all die at any time on any day & none of us know when or how that will happen. This is different. This is living with the knowledge, all the time, that your life will be shorter than anticipated. Knowing you're going to die is a weird way to live & I may address that at some point since it's a big part of this journey & I'm trying to be open emotionally as I blog. I don't know- it's just weird. I was happy to close my eyes or read on the flight home, but God used the time in a much different way!


God has so many appointments for me- that I am certain- I miss along the way. But, this one was not to be missed, so I'm good with it. I'm growing & seeing so much more of what God is giving me & I'm glad not to miss it. I'm trying to take it all in & listen to what He's saying & doing for me.

Lord, I just want to know You more. I want to hear You, see You & get the bigger picture. I just want the bigger picture!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sharon. May God continue to give you faith, faith, and more faith as you deepen your dependence on Him.

    Art Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always you show such faith and encouragement to others. Love you sweet friend and you remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete