Saturday, July 11, 2009

Post-Surgery Update!

Got home a couple of hours ago from yesterday's surgery. Doing well & so thankful for all the prayers for us! Again, God saw us through the day, and not just barely. He saw us through in a mighty way! He's just so good that way & we thank Him over & over for all of you. It's keeping us humbled to have the loving responses we continue to receive from you. From the hospital, to texts, to cards, to Facebook & blog! Wow!

One of the nurses overheard us talking in pre-op about our anniversary being the same day as surgery. Later, 2 of the administrators of the hospital along with 10 to 15 nurses & techs showed up at our room with a cake & Happy Anniversary wishes! Total strangers bringing blessings our way. How great is that?

Only a handful of days ago, I don't think I was emotionally ready for a mastectomy. (Just being honest.) I believe I was spiritually ready because God has not left us for a minute. We've not felt alone, but instead, a strong sense of Him every day. I was also mentally ready. I wanted this surgery- intellectually. It was the right thing to do medically & we believe God is working through the medical venue for healing. He can heal anytime He wants with just a word, but right now, He's leading powerfully down this road. I wouldn't have cancelled the surgery at all mentally, but emotionally was another thing- since I'm rather "attached" to my body parts! LOL!

You have prayed on my behalf & God & I have talked about this at length! He had to get me ready because I was just not strong enough to do it myself. The day before surgery- Thursday- there was a peace that came over me I can't describe in words. This peace was not from "pulling myself up by my own bootstraps." It was from God. It's His promise of giving "peace that passes understanding." I'm saying He stayed true to His promise to me! He GAVE me this peace & there was no emotional apprehension Thursday or Friday. I was completely able & ready to face the day. I'm not sharing this to brag about myself- because I take no credit for it. I tell you because God did this for me. I'm forever grateful for the complete follow-through of His promises. He does what He says He'll do.
I'm thankful to be back home & doing well. I guess I'm the most blessed woman in the world!
Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! And so grateful for kind people who were your caretakers at the hospital - you will never forget their compassion. You are being so brave and so faithful - and a true inspiration to us all. I know that it is not your intention, and that you want the focus to be on our Lord, but your walk with Him and your faithfulness to Him is a great testimony. He is your Abba, Father and he is so proud of you!

    Love you!

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete