Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What Now?

Thank you for rejoicing & praising God with us! Make no mistake- He is the great physician! We are forever thankful the pathology report from surgery shows no remaining cancerous tissue!

So, what now? Medically, we stay right on course. Chemo was first, then 1st mastectomy, radiation, 2nd mastectomy & reconstruction phase 1, & finally, surgery to finish up reconstruction. Medically, we follow a plan upon "presentation." In other words, the very first tests five months ago showed doctors what kind of breast cancer I had, the aggressiveness of this type & the stage. The plan of action was decided upon at that time & doesn't change, even with the great report we just received. The pathology report showing all the tissue to be negative shows us the chemo & surgery have worked, & that is praise-worthy news, so we continue right on with the fight.

6 weeks of Radiation to "sterilize" the area & kill residual cancer cells will begin as soon as I've recovered enough from this mastectomy. (3 to 6 weeks) Then, I'll have to "cool down" from radiation before I'll be able to have the 2nd mastectomy & reconstruction surgeries.

My body demands rest to recover properly from this mastectomy, so I'm doing that. I also do all the exercises the doctors have given me to do. This regiment will help the healing process & get me to radiation more quickly, so I do my very best to stay on task. Mike, Randi & Taylor help me temendously in encouraging both the rest & exercise. The long journey continues & God has shown us we're on the right track. We love Him & thank Him for His constant presence!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you!
    Cody said last night "man, that Sharon is amazing". "She and Mike are at a place you really hope to be when you face things like this."
    You both are very special people and have blessed so many people with your fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog and am so thankful for your good news. I think about you often as I am raising two little girls as you did! You are truly a hero to me and I hope to emulate you in all areas of my life. Thank you for your living testimony!

    ReplyDelete