Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thank you, Lord!

Looks like God has given me another beautiful sunrise & day to live! He's good- even when I don't always recognize it. He carries me even when I don't notice. He loves unconditionally, even when I struggle. So, thank you, Lord! Thank you!

This post may be a bit "here & there" as my mind is wanting to cover several subjects. So, I apologize in advance if it seems "all over the board."

1) 2 weeks out of surgery & I'm doing well. I've done the exercies for range of motion but haven't been able to lift with my left arm, yet, meaning I can't hold Baby B! But, I'm working towards that every day! (This is really torture for Sweets! LOL!) Takes 4 to 6 weeks to really recover from this, but I was able to go to church last night & LOVED it! Each day I'm a bit stronger from the surgery & so thankful everyone around me has done all the lifting, carrying & doing on my behalf.

2) Yes, I was done with chemo the middle of June, but it wasn't done with me! Doctor has told me it will be months before I've got my old self back regarding energy & stamina. I still take the pain meds for swollen joints which manages the achiness, so, another thanks! The first half of the day is proving to be more normal now, but by the the early evening, I'm pretty much- done. The stamina just isn't there, yet. My body has been through so much this year that I must stay patient about it. I wouldn't be honest if I said this was easy, but it's getting better & I see progress, so it's encouraging!

3) I lost the hair on my head months & months ago (within 2 weeks of the first chemo back in March) but didn't lose my eyebrows & eyelashes until after round #8 in June. (Just a funny tidbit of info about this whole thing.) My hair has started growing back & is a bit fuzzy at the moment. I haven't minded being bald, really, accept that it's awfully cold!

4) The CT Marking was last Friday. (Yes, I got 3 tattoos! LOL!) This is an essential step in getting radiation right as it shows the exact spots to grid my body for the treatments. I go back in next week for a "dry run", then will begin treatments Monday, August 3rd. The Radiation Oncologist has assigned me 25 treatments (each weekday over 5 weeks). Please pray the fatigue & "sunburn" are minimal for me. Fair skin like mine doesn't fair well, at times, with radiation. But, we all know when God is in the mix, all bets are off!

Thank you a million times over for your prayers for my family & me.
Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, There is a website that I would like to ask you to go to and read & listen to Dee Simmons story [former breast cancer patient]if you would. Mike's former wife worked for her company and she was at Mike's daughters wedding! I believe in Green Miracle so much I take it myself. Now, my parents gave me "miracle mushroom" capsules @ $50 a bottle...I looked the other day & it is in Green Miracle as is 'spirulina' which was on TBN the other day as a "miracle food"...I looked again & it is the 2nd ingredient in Green Miracle also! Dr Oz mentioned 'spirulina' as essential for health also...it is something I wanted you to look at for your recovery...I may be over stepping, but I believe in it very strongly plus another product called 'Breast Secure' from the Fem Center....it has resverital in in among other ingredients that they have actually used in conjuction with chemo patients for healing I understand...you just may want to check it out during your recovery period! Personally & I know I speak for hundreds, I do not want to see you go through this ever again, so I know others probably have offered suggestions of products & stuff....but I have been researching myself for a few years and compiled a list of things we could all do in our lives to be healthier....I am trying to put them all in place little by little in my life also.
    We LOVE you & Mike & are praying constantly for you both, Glenda Tadlock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, you are a constant source of encouragement for me and so many others as you walk this journey out with faith. I read this morning in my devotional book something that made me think of you: "God's purpose for me is to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me." I see that in you as you depend on Him moment by moment. I love you and am still praying for a complete & miraculous healing.

    ReplyDelete