Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cancer Friends!

You'd think receiving the diagnosis of "cancer" would be nothing but negative! Nothing but heartache, fear, pain & hopelessness! But, you'd be wrong. God, in His goodness, provides blessings all over the place! The greatest blessings in having cancer have been my "Cancer Friends". Those people God has put in my path who are walking similar journeys who I wouldn't have met if I hadn't heard those dreaded words! That's specifically who this post is addressed to tonight. It's a must for me to address these particular friends because of this week's happenings, so I appreciate the indulgence.

To my "Cancer Friends" who are especially on my heart,
So many of you have written notes of encouragement & love. The natural thoughts of, "could this happen to me if it's happening to Sharon?" can creep in if you're not careful, causing fear, anxiety or anger. Hear me say, every journey is different. Just because my cancer has returned doesn't mean your's will. God directs each of our lives & has plans for us that differ. He knows each one of us individually & tells us He has plans to prosper us & not to harm, plans to give hope & futures. He says He will listen to us & we can call on Him & He will answer. I pray these promises He makes brings you peace of heart!

Is is a honor to be called to walk a journey with such courageous people! You are a group who are facing adversity & you face it head-on! You give strength & encouragement to others simply by walking your walk over a very rough road.

My heart begs God tonight that no fear or anger will arise in your hearts regarding your own journeys because of what is happening in mine. He says, "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them & make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do. I will not forsake them." Cancer is definately one of those unfamiliar paths but He'll make the rough places smooth & never forsake the people He loves! What an incredible promise we can claim in our lives!

Cancer friends, I thank those of you who have walked this journey before me, encouraged me & are still praying for me! I admire those who were in chemo chairs next to mine as I witnessed your positive attitudes & sheer courage. To those of you behind me in your journeys, hearing the doctor say, "cancer", I'm cheering you on! You can do this! With God's help, you will do this!

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Sharon,
    Just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you and Mike through your journey. Just as you loved and encouraged us some years ago at Okolona C of C and opened your home and your lives to us, we have been blessed by your faithfulness in these times.

    Love to you both.

    George & Ann Ezell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Sharon, I just want you to know that Leslie and I are praying for you. We love you and Bro. Mike very much. And you are showing the world what you really believe by how you are responding to this. You have a grace about you that is from the LORD.

    Wish we were there to hug you guys, but we are praying hard.

    Love, the Storment's

    ReplyDelete