Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here We Go, Again!

The first round of chemo is done, I've tolerated it well, & we're thankful! Next round will be Thursday & every Thursday for a while will be alternating chemo & labs with scans in the mix, too. (Chemo has an accumlative effect, so please keep praying for tolerance to these drugs!) As Mike & I went from one scan to another & doctors, xrays, pharmacy, mounds of paperwork, hospital pre-op registration, etc, etc, it all began coming back to us! All the sights, sounds, tastes, smells & waiting that accompanies cancer treatment. Nothing is so easy as to walk in & get chemo. The schedule alone makes my head spin & must be written down so we know when & where we need to be on any given day! hehehe (Welcome back, Chemo Brain!)

Everyone who sees me remarks at how well I look. And, they'd be right! I don't look "sick" in the least because I'm not. No flu-like symptoms or pain. There's discomfort in not breathing deeply, but I wouldn't call it pain. I'm really healthy in every way but having cancer! Weird, I know!

I LOVE having both girls close & all three grandkids at my feet! Our sons-in-law are wonderful husbands to our girls, giving up their own family time & routines, so girls can be readily available to us & jut spend time here, so I thank them! Cancer effects the WHOLE family, for certain!

So, here are some prayer requests:
1) Keep praying God miraculously heals me! Always pray this but in the same breath, pray for a heart of submission to Him! Walking with Him is far greater than being physically healed- but I want both! Right now, He is answering "cancer road" & so that's what we're walking each day with praise to Him! BUT, the second He changes His mind & heals me, then all praises to Him, again!
2) Wisdom & peace for Mike & I as we face each day & the decisions that will be before us.
3) Thankfulness for the millions of blessings in our lives! I try to address & name these as I post to keep them ever before us & if you're reading this, you are one of those blessings!
4) Blessings over Randi & family and Taylor & family. Then, extended family. God knows what each of them need so just take their names to Him!
5) Pray this chemo works in slowing this cancer growth down! The build up of fluid in the lining of my lung can slow down if the chemo damages it enough, so pray for cancer damage!
6) Listen to Holy Spirit & pray for us what He puts on your heart to pray! That will be much more effective than the limited list I pass to you now.

No words come to me that can truly describe the humbleness we feel as you pray, support & love us on this road. We thank God for you!

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for tremendous cancer damage. I am praying for complete healing. I believe that this can happen. We sang the song at the top of your blog today (it seems like that song is following me around this week!) and it just reminded me of how faithful you and your family are.I love you sweet Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post Sharon. I'm praying all the time for you and your family. You are always on my mind. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, you have an amazing gift of sharing your feelings in a powerfull way so that all of us who love, pray and care deeply for you can join you and your family on the journey. Thanks for sharing and know that you and Mike are loved beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete