Thursday, February 26, 2009

Next Steps of The Journey!

I've been a bit teary-eyed this morning. Not out of sadness or fear, even, but out of the sweetness of the Lord. He's sent me you guys- people of incredible faith! People who bring Mike and me encouraging words straight from the Lord! This is pure, sweet honey to my soul and the tears flow from pure joy! So, I thank you!
Here's what we know: There is a golf-ball sized cyst in my left arm-pit (feels like I'm carrying a golf-ball around under my arm.) This is not the origination of the cancer, but only a tell-tale sign showing cancer is somewhere else in my body. The first thing we have to do its identify the origin, so we'll know what kind of cancer we're dealing with and can make a plan of attack!
Anatomically, it's close to the breast, so that's the first "guess"... I go in for an MRI in the morning that will determine if this guess is correct, or not. (I just had my annual diagonostic mamogram Dec 29th, and got a clean bill of health, and had a hysterectomy with all clean blood work Dec 31st. The uterin biopsy was clean, too, and I have had absolutely no pain at all.) So far, this looks completely unrelated.
If the MRI is negative to breast cancer, I'll have a full-body CAT scan checking for cancer in major organs (stomach, liver, etc) and if that's negative, we'll check the bones.
So, that's the 3 levels of tests as I understand it. Mike and I do not intend to "cross any bridge" prematurely or play any guessing games. We'll take one test and result, cover it in prayer and proceed on faith that God is directing us.
That's what we know for now. Please continue praying to our Lord! We're leaning hard on all of you and on His merciful hand!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I'm so glad to know there will be a place to follow your journey. I am glad you are being covered in prayer and love, and am wishing the best for you. I don't know if you remember Paula Wolfe from Snyder, but she is also going thru tests to see what kind of cancer she has. You can see more at Go Girls for Paula on Facebook.
    I cherish our childhood memories (like hiding under the crib when Timothy came home) and wish you nothing but the best. You will be remembered in prayer and in my heart.

    Paula Parks Fulford

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying and thinking about you!
    Many Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, how I have cried and prayed for you so much lately. Just want you to know how much I love you and will continue to walk this journey with you and the family. Thank you for giving such a testimony of faith, reminding us of what a sweet Father we have no matter what the answers are and letting us know how to pray for you. I will continue to pray hard. I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a hugger, but I am sending you a long hug. You are loved. You and Mike have a great family.
    Love Tom and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon-

    My mom and I just read every word of this blog...We love you and your family so much! We are praying for you and each precious member of your family...each of whom is so dear to us.

    We are trusting the Lord along with you, begging Him for complete healing and asking that even as that MRI is taken the cancer would be gone.

    Know that you and your dear ones are close to our heart and always in our thoughts...

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunt Sharon, thank you so much for sharing with us all. It is such an encouragement for me to read what you are feeling. YOU ARE AWESOME! Just know that there are thousands of people on Team Sharon....and knowing that the Lord is our Coach, there will be a Victory! We love you and our hearts are with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,

    You are constantly - and I mean that literally - in my thoughts and prayers - and I know that I am one of many who will be praying - without ceasing - until you are healed. I am so so sad that you will have to go through this, but so very thankful that our hope is in a God that can do amazing things! We are praying for total and complete healing, strenth and peace for Mike and the girls - and for all your extended family. Please know that my heart is with you. I love you!
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your faith is a blessing to me. I'm praying for you fervently. LYN

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've also been a bit teary-eyed as prayers are sent up in your behalf, but thankful for his unfailing presence. You and Mike bless my life so much. You can be certain that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Love you, Don

    ReplyDelete