Monday, February 2, 2009

Once a Mom, Always a Mom!


Funny that no one ever brought the "forever" aspect of parenting to my attention before I became "Mom" 30 years ago... I guess we assume every young person understands this obvious fact, but I'm not sure it really sinks into the thought process until we're "knee deep" in parenting. Because the daunting job of parenthood takes the deepest of commitment, sacrifice and true grit, we are forever feeling the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" with our children.

I've been reminded again this week that parenthood, & then grandparenthood, is forever. It doesn't end with a particular birthday or event, but continues throughout time and generations, with all it's ups and downs.

Thank God I'm one of the blessed ones that have 2 people who call me "Mom", and 2 more who call me "Sweets." I'm glad it's forever!

2 comments:

  1. Were you maybe reminded because your oldest asked you to keep her sick child so she could go to a super bowl party? How dare her! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Always a mom" is right. I think I call you multiple times a day asking for your help or just to tell you a funny story. I dont know why you were reminded this week, though? Was it because I called you crying my eyes out about my keys and busted out window? Thanks again for all your help as always. What a great mom. I love you

    ReplyDelete