Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Prayer and the Journey!

The doctor just told me I have cancer. There has been a host of believers praying for a different answer on my behalf. The answer is far different than what I wanted, but the Father I serve is exactly the same loving Father as He's always been. He can answer any way He chooses for He is soverign. He loves me and I'll walk this journey with Him.
Please continue to pray for Mike and me. Please include our precious daughters, their husbands, and the grandsons, too, because they give me a million reasons to fight this disease and get through this trial.
I give all praise and glory to God for his goodness and faithfulness to me. When the scriptures tell me His peace passes any of my understanding, it is true! I'm held tenderly in His very merciful hands and embedded in His tender heart and there's no place I'd rather be, no matter the journey!
Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Sweet Sharon Cody and I think so much of you and Mike! We will be praying for you as you fight! Hugs and bunches of love-Ches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, you are such an inspiration to me and all of our family. I admire your strength and I always have. I wish I was there to give you a big hug but know that I love you and continually raise your name up to Him. Please call on me if you ever need anything.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been in my thoughts all day. I have prayed for you in each of my classes at school today and we will continue to do so. You and Mike are so important to my mom and to so many people at church. Your attitude and peace are an inspiration. Know that you and your family will be in my prayers daily.
    Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you across the miles and lift you to our healing heavenly Father! We commit to continue alongside you in this journey. We love and miss you tons! Kevin and Elizabeth Miller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,
    We are still praying for you and your whole sweet family and are thankful for an almighty & loving God who is always in control!
    We love you and your family!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, You are an amazing woman on faith and an insipiration and example to us all. We will be praying daily for your complete healing and for your sweet family. We love you! Jamie Ridgell

    ReplyDelete