Friday, February 27, 2009

NO MATTER WHAT!

The call came a bit ago that there is cancer in the left breast. I'll be honest when I say that this news STINKS! I prayed while I waited for the MRI, like so many of you are, that God make it all benign. See, I know He can & He's so capable of making it go away in a moment. But, the answer I got is opposite of what I was begging Him to say.
However, the last chapter hasn't been written here! My spirits are not down, my chin is not dragging! Your prayers and support are sustaining me and my sweet Father, though He didn't give me the answer I want, gives me much more! God is carrying me and all those I love through a journey in this world that prepares us for another one. I'm accutely aware of His unfailing faithfulness to me - to all of us- NO MATTER WHAT!
Now, He takes us to the next step (I think it's because we can only take baby steps with so much information!) The next step, per the doctor, is a CAT scan. They're getting me in Monday or Tuesday (pray it's Monday!) And, after that, a bone scan. We'll know more on Tuesday after both these tests are completed. Specifically pray God opens doors quickly for these tests to happen so we can determine if, where and how much more cancer there is.
Blessings and overwhelming gratitude to all!

11 comments:

  1. You've been on my heart constantly, Sharon. I love you and will walk prayerfully with you through whatever path God chooses for you... NO MATTER WHAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, Sharon, Sharon!!! You know we join you with each emotion from the "It stinks!" to the knowing that God is good and His provision is complete. Love you dearly and you remain in our ongoing conversation with our Lord.
    My goodness...expecting blessing...suzyj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, Pat and I are praying that God's Presence will surround you and Mike and that you will feel His comfort. We will hold you up in our prayers asking the Lord to give you the testimony, "He heals!"

    Rick & Pat Weintraub

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon ~ Thanks so much for being so transparent in your writings. We agree that this all "STINKS" and we are fervently praying for you and your family. We are confident that the power of the blood of Christ will bring you much comfort in the days ahead. Love You, Mike & Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray complete healing and for God to wrap his arms around you. We love you and your sweet family so much and lift you up during this hard time. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you and lift you to the throne of the high and almighty one! Kevin and Elizabeth Miller

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon ~ what a blessing a blog is - who would have thought?! I am so thankful to be able to walk this journey with you, on your time table and without feeling like I am imposing. And I am but one of the many who will be with you every step of the way. Keep that chin up, your faithfulness is an encouragement to all of us. Pass on hugs and love to Mike for me. The prayer and journey continue......
    Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful that you are in an area where there is good medical care. It is an honor and a privilege to be with you during these trying times. Know you are being covered in prayer from many parts of the country.
    In His Love, Paula Parks Fulford

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sharon,
    I am so thankful for your blog! You have been on my heart and in my prayers. I'll pray consistently for complete healing, that you feel God's presence and for you to experience an incomprehensible peace through this journey. You are thought of and loved from Sugar Land! Blessings, Amy Onstead

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rick and I are lifting you and Mike up daily in our prayers. We love you.

    Marsha and Rick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mike & Sharon,

    We cannot begin to describe how much of a shock and concern we felt at your news last Wednesday. You have been in our thoughts and most all of our prayers since then. We are praying for God' to wrap you in his loving peace and bless you in incredible ways during this journey, as we beg for His healing touch to be upon Sharon.

    We love you,

    Duane and Debbie Jenks

    ReplyDelete