Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chemo Round #8- Done!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for praying us through this last round of chemo! Thank God for being there every single step of the way! I know it's hard to believe - but I'm not certain I can find the right words to adequately express our feelings right now! Just praising & re-thinking this 4-month chemo-journey. Chemo is a mean 'ole road to walk, but one that may save or lengthen my life, so it's been worth it! God has worked through the medical community to this end, so we're thankful. Believe me, though, I continue to ask Him to simply speak it cured! I'm not afraid to ask Him for this miracle, because I know He can. So far, for reasons He understands, He's not done that, & is working this way, instead. Can't say I understand those reasons completely, but trust Him completely, so that's all I need. (He's got me on a need to know basis! LOL!)

Mike & I learned a lot of additional information from the oncologist today. Some encouraging information & some that's quite challenging. I'll share that as we go. For now, there's only praise & thanks for getting this far & knowing the chemo has been working to kill the cancer! This is a HUGE "YES!" from our loving God & we are most thankful!

Pray for our strength & courage to face the next steps of surgeries, radiation & any follow-up treatment. (I'll confess to you that these conversations have been difficult for me, at times. I've been praying God prepare me in all areas of my life- physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually- to face this road the way He wants me to.) I need His grace more than ever. I need His leading, mercy, strength & tenderness as much today as the day I first heard the word, "cancer."

So, today we're cellebrating the end of the battle of "chemo" & turning our focus on the continued war. There are many battles in a war & we must focus & pray for wisdom on our next decisions because we're not done, yet. We must continue in His will, rely on His grace & trust in His goodness.

Blessings, our friends!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are finally done with the Chemo. I think about you all the time! I hope you are bouncing around very soon.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful the chemo part is over! You will continue to be in our prayers as you begin the next phase of treatment. You are one of the bravest warriors I know, and you serve the Mightiest Warrior of all. Thanks for your prayers for me this week, too. It means so much & we feel the comfort from each prayer offered. Love you!

    ReplyDelete