Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Spectacular- Esther!














Queen Esther- "For such a time as this."

Sometimes there's just not a way to explain or describe an event the way it deserves. This is one of those times, for me.

I cannot find the words to express just how thankful I am for the Richland Hills Church of Christ. For the amazing people that make up this church & the amount of love I have for them. I cannot express the blessing our Children's Minister, Patty, is to this church with her creativity & dedicated love for God's word! I cannot adequately describe the level of God-given talent & dedication the whole cast & crew has & I certainly cannot explain the selflessness of time & energy they donate just because they love the Lord, the whole community & all of us that much!

I cannot describe the excitement of the 2500+ crowd of children & parents each night to hear God's word of the courageous story of Esther! The 3 night event is on a professional level of talent & direction & really unbelievable!

I also cannot begin to say what it means to my heart & soul to have watched my 2 year old grandson, Cason, glued to every word, song, music & dance of the show! His first words to his mom the morning after the first show was, "Go see Esther!" She had to convince him to wait another 12 hours & they'd do just that! Once the DVD comes out, he'll watch it over & over & over just like he did "Jonah" last year!

I cannot tell you how determined I was to get to the show each evening. Even with my very limited stamina & energy right now, there was nothing- I mean nothing- that was keeping me from that show! I cannot tell you how timely & encouraging this was to me (eventhough that bad king actor- Mike- couldn't be in it this year because I've been keeping him very, very busy! LOL!) The show lifted my spirits & was good, good medicine for my soul!

Last, but not least, I cannot express enough thankfulness for God's word & it's relevance in our lives! The horrible life journey Esther had to endure before becoming Queen & then the courage she had to have to face the King to save her people- knowing she faced death in asking this favor of the King! This is the true account of God's faithfulness in bringing Esther to a place to save the Jews, to bring her to a place, "for such a time as this."

What I cannot even begin to say, God powerfully can & does.

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Just precious to read...i am so glad you have been able to see the show. We are certainly blessed to be at RHCC, aren't we! Continued prayers are with you...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon -- you are such a blessing. And such an inspiration. May God strengthen you mightily in your journey! Dana Gage

    ReplyDelete