Friday, April 24, 2009

First things first- Thanks!

First things first, and that's a huge thank-you to the Lord for giving me a full night's sleep last night! I am so thankful for this, that I can't really put it into words! Sleep does so much for the body and soul and I slept soundly! YEA!
Mike and I have 13 nieces and nephews, and 6 great-nieces and nephews between us. Each of these are dear to us. Bailey, our yongest niece had a 4th grade play today she invited me to, and if there was a way the Lord could get me there, I wanted to go. This morning Mike had to wake me up to see if I felt like going. (Did you hear me say he had to wake me up? Yes, because I was sleeping.... yea!) I sat on the bed and told him I really wanted to go. My parents picked me up (I didn't think I should drive) and took me to the play. It was a joy being there and hugging my sweet Bailey. The kids did a great job on the History of Texas and my parents brought me straight back home. I slept the rest of the morning until Randi took me for my injection. She's an amazing daughter standing ready to minister to me in any and every way.
What a great day I've had! The new meds have me a bit grogy and I've slept a lot, but I'm counting that as a blessing to get me through these toughest days. The sleep and rest are blessings beyond messure and family continues to top the list of all gifts from the Lord. A scripture sent to me today says, "Eyes haven't seen and ears haven't yet heard all the things God has prepared for the people who love Him." Now, that's an incredible thing to think about, isn't it? Our God is good ALL the time working on blessings right now he hasn't even given us, yet!
Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Mike and family. Will continue to lift you up in prayer during two weeks in Africa. Expecting good reports upon return! Love Don

    ReplyDelete