Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Weakness = His Strength

Whew! This week, as I've mentioned, has been a doosey! It's about midnight and I slept for a couple of wonderful hours. But, am wide awake now, have been praying for myself and a lot of you, actually... so, thought I'd drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast and write a note of what's on my heart. You may see a couple of posts soon as my heart has been full through my weakness this week.

As I also mentioned, I went to work for most of the day on Tuesday, but Wednesday, called in to the office and stayed home for the day. So many of you stand ready to help me through, and I'm forever grateful, but there was nothing anyone could do for me physically. I just had to rest and rest. Before Mike left for work Wednesday morning, he got me all settled in with anti-side effect meds and "tucked" me back into bed so I could sleep until his return for lunch. I didn't move from the bed while he was gone, but couldn't go to sleep for anything! So annoying! Part of the chemo (and old age LOL!) effects is restlessness and it's frustrating to not be able to fall asleep when it's needed so badly. Mike got home for lunch, fixed me a bite to eat, gave me meds again and laid down beside me. He put his hand over on me, and I drifted off to sleep! I slept an hour and he didn't make a move! When I woke up, I realized he was still there... he said since I'd finally fallen asleep, he wasn't about to to make a move that might wake me up! (The greatest earthly gift God has given me is Mike. He wrapped him up, tied him in a bow and handed him to me on a silver platter 33 years ago! No deserving action on my part, just a pure gift from God!) Thank you, Lord! (I'll write a bit more about Mike later...)

The accumlative effects of the chemo were more difficult on my physical body this week and evidently will do this through Round #4 (next Thursday), so, "all hands on deck" in prayer! I've just felt lke I was getting a bad case of the flu immediately following round 3. Achy, restlessness, chills, nausia, acid reflux- did I mention nausia? (Sounds like all my pregnant friends out there! LOL!) The nurse has given me some stronger anti-side-effect meds now, to help combat this, so I should be able to "on top" of things more this next time. Also, they've told me if I'm going to work, that is all I need to do for the day. Work, then go home and rest the remaining part of the day... this is hard for me because it's not the lifestyle I'm used to. But, I'm obeying their orders to help get well! Listening and obeying- no arguing from me on this!

Through my weakness this week, I'm reminded of God's strength. He says,"My grace is sufficient for you; for My strength is made perfect in your weakness." II Cor 12:9 Yes, God is showing His strength this week in my life because of my weakness. He is carrying me and I know it. Through all the time I've been alone during this ordeal, I've not one time been lonely. He is near- just as He's promised. He's strong- just like He said He'd be. He's merciful- just like always. No doubt, my weakness = His strength!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Sharon - actually almost noon on Friday - wow, so sorry to hear that the chemo is continuing to take it's toil on your body. have you thot any more about the medicinal marijuna? I hear it's the best for nausea and all those side effects. Is it available for you anyway? You know we are all praying for you on and on and on and will never give up, never give up! Love your Mike - how very blessed you are to have that man at your side through all of this - hang on for the best is yet to be!!

    ~marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the most amazing aunt ever! I love you Aunt Sharon! What a beautiful child of God you are, and such an amazing example to everyone around during all of this! You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to read your thoughts. Your positive attitude rubs off on me. I loved the story you told about Mike laying there with you while you slept (finally!) Praying for Thursday that the new meds will kick your nausea to the curb and that you can get some sweet wonderful rest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the sweetest person on the planet for sure! All prayers on deck! Praying you through round #4! Love you lots, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
    (Psalm 103: 1-5) Love you, Don

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend! I hope you have a much better week and thank the Sweet Lord that he made people smart enough to make medicine...ESPECIALLY the kind that keeps you from throwing up! There is nothing worse in my book!
    You are in our prayers and I think about you daily. Cody was just asking me about you. I told him I was trying to read your post and then I would report. Give yourself a BIG hug from me and I hope Thursday goes well.(Read Randi's blog).
    Love you Friend!

    ReplyDelete