Monday, April 27, 2009

PRAY! MRI coming soon...

A friend sent this word from the Lord to me today and it spoke straight to my heart. I needed to hear- again- the Lord's perspective on my life and the troubles here. I will not just look, but will FIX my eyes on the Lord! I need this laser focus on the Lord and ask you continue praying this for me. I cannot do this on my own, but only with His power and grace towards me!

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. ...

Round #4 is done and the weekend was a challenge. After sleeping well on Thursday night, there was only 30 minutes of it Friday night. Stayed in bed all weekend with achiness and was not able to get to work today. But, my prayer is, I can go to work the rest of this week. Mike and the girls are incredible supporters and you who are "in the wings" praying, loving and supporting are unbelievable! I stayed humbled at the love and kindness expressed!

The Oncologist's office will be calling to inform me of the time and place of the next MRI now that #4 is done. The results are incredibly important at this stage of the process as it will be compared to the first MRI and tell us whether or not the chemo is working. PLEASE pray the tumors are shrinking! I know with all my heart God can make this happen and I'm praying He'll answer YES to this! IF His answer is YES, we'll stay on course and continue the next 4 rounds of chemo. IF the answer is No, chemo will cease and we'll go on to surgery.

I believe God loves me and I know I'm spending eternity with Him because of His saving grace. I believe He can answer either way on my life to bring Himself glory. He deserves glory from me no matter the answer He gives, so that's what I give Him. He deserves this because He is God, not because of the answers He gives. I'm His daughter, though, so I talk to Him with all boldness of what's on my heart, and that's healing this cancer and giving me more time here. Abraham, Jacob, Job, Moses and Jesus all spoke to our God with boldness and I believe I have that same priviledge. God answered these He loved in different ways, and was still God... so join me in asking what we really want and then giving Him praise for being the one and only living God!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I lost my comment the last time, so I registered & put in a test line 1st.

    I check your blog daily & ask my Mike if he has seen you at work & how you are holding up. I just wanted you to know that even before you got sick and especially now, you have been such an SPIRITUAL INSPRIATION to me. Getting to know you in small group & hearing your comments has made me want to step it up to where I once was spiritually & go beyond.

    I just want you to know that we are thinking of you & praying for you & your sweet family daily. I cannot begin to imagine what you are having to endure & how hard it must be on you & your family.

    I was driving the other night on my way home listening to the christian CD mix I made [same one I gave you]& just got overwhelmed emotionally & asked God to please let you make it through this horrible ordeal to live a long & healthy life with your sweet family. I just had to let you know you are loved & we are rooting for you constantly as are hundreds of others I know!

    I know you have many friends & loved ones, but please know that we would be there if you need us in any way anytime Sharon! You are precious!

    Love in Him,
    Glenda 817.880.5571c

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies (cancer cells), O Lord, for I hide myself in You. Teach me to do Your will for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on Level ground." Psalm 143:8-10. I'm praying this for you Sweets, and know God is holding you in the palm of His hand! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend, you are on my heart today. I love you!

    ReplyDelete