Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Maybe at 52!

Maybe it's because I'm 52 years old, but time is flying by! Maybe it's because I'm 52, but I cherish the days now, more than ever. It's not bad at all being 52. Life is full and fun! Thank you, Lord, for life itself!

Going in the morning for chemo round #3. Thank you all a million times over for your prayers! God is faithful and carrying me right on through as promised! He never said life is free of trouble. His promise is to be with me in time of trouble. (Trouble is a sure thing... but, He's not scared nor weak in troubled times. Don't know about you, but I want Him right by me in the trouble of this life!) Part of His answers and carrying of me is that I have not even gotten a wave of fear this week! Let me tell you that is a direct answer to prayer! This is not of myself! This is a gift from Him to me and I thank you for praying this for me. I'm at as much peace now, as I can remember being, and that is not normal through chemo. That is from Him!

Please do not stop praying! All our prayers together are are powerful & I'm depending on the spiritual protection that comes from the power of our Lord. So, I continue to sound the trumpet for prayers, and I don't say that lightly! I'm praying for you, too. People who pray for one another draw attention from Satan. He stands ready to attack people of faith and I'm praying protection for all of us who stand together.

Pray because He's listening and answering! www.biblegateway.com is a web-site Mike directed me to long ago. There are different versions, etc, so any of you lap-toppers out there can have the Bible at any moment when you're traveling, etc. I think I've mentioned this in a previous post, but the scriptures some of you are directing me toward talk about waiting on the Lord. I've been reading these scriptures and the interesting thing I'm finding is that strength comes from the waiting, not in the answers. The waiting (or, placing hope in the Lord) builds strength! None of us are used to waiting- for anything, really. Seems like most everything is warp speed. Mike and I drove through Arby's the other evening and had to wait about 3 extra minutes. Then, they apologized to us for the wait! Crazy! Waiting on God isn't always easy, but it's a must with Him. Life belongs to Him, He spoke it, and it was done. This is His battle and I have to wait on Him to fight it His way. He gets to call the shots in my life. He wants me to wait and trust and hope. Not panic, try to fix and run ahead. Maybe at 52, I'm understanding the only sure strength is His strength. At 52, it's more enlightning to wait than forge ahead. At 52, I trust Whom I'm waiting on. Maybe at 52, I'm finally starting to get it.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you daily! Thank you for sharing your words of encouragement as you walk on this difficult path. I am so thankful the LORD himself walks with you. May God give you strength and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon you are on my mind and in my prayers daily. You are amazing and it's such an inspiration to me and to all who know you. You have let God take over and He will be with you through this journey, no doubt. I am trying to get my strength built back up so that I can come spend some time with you. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favorite post yet. It is so true that the waiting time is when we grow the most. I needed to hear this today and everyday for that matter. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete