Friday, March 6, 2009

Everlasting, Hope, Defender, Protector, King!

My heart is so full today, I think it may burst in Praise to Almighty God! He's been gracious to us (all of us) this week! (Please read Randi's post today as she's articulated perfectly what she, Taylor and I are feeling after last evening!) Ladies out there- if you don't have Christian sisters in your corner, go get you some! I'm begging you to reach out and gather women of faith around you without delay!
Some of these faith-filled women have pointed me to music that's ministering to me right now. Maybe it's because I'm a child of the 60's, I don't know... but I love music! I love all kinds of music and listen to a wide variety of artists. I don't really sing that well, but I just "belt it out" as I'm driving along... I'm sure I look ridiculous to other drivers as I just sing and sing! Christian music is my favorite and there are songs that speak to the heart of this journey. I listen to the insight expressed through songs written in praise to God and am touched to my core. There are countless songs of praise and I want to share some with you from time to time. Read these words!

Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin (shortened due to space)
"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord!
Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint,
You won't grow weary
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord!
Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer
You are the everlasting God
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles
You are the everlasting God! "

Wow! My Everlasting God, Hope, Defender, Protector and King! I thank Him for not getting tired and staying awake through the night and protecting me in my weakness! I thank Him for increasing my strength while I wait on His answers! Can you imagine that you and I have an open invitation to speak at any moment to the King of the universe! Maybe some day I'll get my mind around it, but for now, I walk in faith that He means what He says! Yes, my heart may just burst today!

4 comments:

  1. I love! the new title. It is so true that we have surendered this to God. We either give it to Him, or he proves to us He can take it, so it makes sense to give it to Him so we can be blessed along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this somg also. So grateful for your good news. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the words to that "Everlasting God" song so much. The RHCC Praise Team sang several songs like it as they surrounded the ministers and shepherds last Wednesday night after the prayer service. It was extremely powerful and helped me immensely as we pray for you and so many others who are on a journey of unknowns in healing. Love, Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song is one of my favorties too! God is so amazing to give us His strength as we wait and trust in Him! I know this. I claim it - He is our redeemer, provider, healer, and deliverer! God thank you that you defend us and comfort us when we need You the most!

    ReplyDelete