Sunday, March 1, 2009

Little did I know...

Little did I know last year when I donated to the Susan G Komen 3-day, 60 mile walk, it would effect me so intimately this year! I gave on behalf of my sweet sister-in-law, Juanda, who walked in New York and had more than one friend effected by cancer. I also donated on behalf of my nephew's wonderful wife, Amanda, as she walked after her mom passed-away from her heroic battle!
Now, Jeanne Stone, one of Taylor's best college friends, has contacted me, wanting to walk the 60-miles in my honor! How humbling is that? Jeanne signed up for the walk 4 days before we knew anything! She felt God's calling that this was the thing she needed to do and 4 days later I'm diagnosed with metastatic carsinoma! If you are so called, please go to Jeanne's page and donate. No pressure, as everyone need only do what they can, but please go to her site and read her kind and courageous words! It's http://www.the3day.org/ then you'll type in Jeanne Stone, which will take you to her page. She writes her statement as to why she's walking this walk! She says she is no longer scared to walk or ask for donations, because it's now for me! Wow! I'm forever grateful, Jeanne!

5 comments:

  1. Sharon, my sweet dear friend. I just found out about your cancer and I am praying for you and your family. I miss you so much after having worked with you for so many years. I know that the Lord has a will for this and that with God's help you are up for this challenge. We will all keep praying and know that the Lord has you in His arms. Know that you are an inspiration to me and to everyone who knows you. I hope to see you real soon and give you a giant hug. Praying for you -- Patricia Dossey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon, You know my prayers are with you and your family...not only is it hard on you, but also your family .... I tried to go to the link that you posted, but it goes to a blind shop for window blinds. I want to contribute as my grandmother died of breast cancer many years after being diagnosed at the age of 81, but i have had friend who have breast cancer now... we must find the cure! love you with all my heart! becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Becky! The correct link is www.the3day.org I appreciate the head's up and I love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear precious Sharon - we are heart sick for you. Last night at church, I kept praying for you during the worship time singing 'blessed be Your Name in a land that is plentiful, when the streams of abundance flows, blessed me your Name; and blessed be your name in a time marked with suffering and there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your Name. You give and take away, my heart can only say blessed be Your Name.' This has so much meaning in a time marked with suffering for the Collins and the Boyds and Yolanda and now our sweet Sharon. We are pressing into God for your deliverance and know whatever happens, you will be singing and praising His blessed Name!! ~marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,

    Yesterday our minister, Larry Calvin, told us about your fight with breast cancer. I too am a 2 time breast cancer survivor. The first time in 2000 I was in about the same place as you, stage 2-3. What a shock to us. I know you will understand when I say that I was truly blessed. What a wonderful place to be in with your family, friends and loved ones. At the time my wonderful husband was not attending church with me. Now, he is a leader in many ways. It was worth every bit that I went thru to see him now in God's service. God used me as he will you in this fight. In 2008, I was diagnosed again but caught it much sooner since I was getting regular testing etc. I KNOW about the bad days and the GOOD ones. I tried every day to feel better so I could be in worship on Sunday, surrounded by the love of the Lord and my praying friends. God Bless you as you fight this battle. God is Good

    ReplyDelete