Sunday, March 15, 2009

Some Family Time

Got my girls and my boys! You tell me- is God over the top good, or what!
You guys are my joy!

I didn't know a heart could hold this much love! Thank you, Lord! How could I ask for more?
What a great weekend having Tyrel and Taylor fly in! The whole family has supported and loved me. We actually laughed and laughed (which is what the Washburn's do a lot of!) this weekend. Sweet medicine to the heart and soul! The first chemo is over and prayers have been answered. God is near. He is listening to your requests on our behalf. We are blessed. I'm feeling well enough to go to work tomorrow and hope to work the week. I'm following orders in eating the needed protein for my body and getting plenty of rest. (Oddly enough, I rested very well knowing family members were in the house, going through the pantry and fridge, playing cards and being together. The normalcy of it all was so comforting.)
Eventhough I slept the greater part of two days, I feel God gave my family the time we needed in being together. My tears flowed as Tyrel and Taylor got out at the airport today- sure, I was sad, but it was also because I was overjoyed and thankful for the time with them.
One of the scriptures sent me this week is from Isaiah. Listen to what God says about Himself. "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you."
He Is and He has and I thank Him!


4 comments:

  1. So happy you had some good time with the family, especially with Taylor and Tyrel. I am praying for you, sweet friend, and know that I will be continuously through this journey. The battle belongs to the Lord...and you are a precious warrior. I love you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is the best medecine. They surround you with unique love and encouragement. You are truely blessed. Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    I am so glad you got to spend the weekend with your family. Everyone still looks the same. Randi's boys are beautiful (handsome I mean). We are praying for you and the family. I am glad that you are feeling well after the first round of and will continue to pray that they all go as well!! We love you guys.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete