Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today's Prayer Requests!

Completed the out-patient surgery this morning, eating and resting just a bit, then off to chemo (approximately 2 and a half hours is our understanding.) Mike will read and work on his lessons as he sits by me and I'll read and nap.
Two specific things to take to the Lord today: One, give God a huge thanks that we live in this country and in this time, with such fabulous medical care and staff. Eventhough the system's not perfect, it's the best time ever to be a woman! I think God knew I was too weak to be born a century or two ago! LOL! He's my protector, and I'm well aware of that!
Second, please pray HARD, beg if you have to, that my particular body's chemistry responds to treatment. I'm believing God is going to say "YES!" to this request and I need you to join me specifically in "telling Him our heart's desire." That's my heart's desire- so, that's what I REALLY, REALLY want! I'm not at all afraid to boldly ask this of my sweet Father! He loves me, and wants to give me good gifts! So, Father, I'm putting it out there! Please make my body respond, make the tumors shrink, and make the cancer die! Thank you, in advance, for going before me. Thank you in advance for answering this request. I trust you completely! I accept your answer completely. Your will for my life always! Thank you, thank you! Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Leslie and I will be praying for you Mrs. Sharon, and your husband as well. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the bracelet at a store in Market Hall. I work a few times a year and that is the only time I get to go in this one store. Anyways, they had these big chunky bracelets last year in black and white. When I walked in and saw all of the pink ones this time I immediatly thought of you. I thought "Sharon has to have that!" I know it is cheesy but it's a big reminder of how much you are loved. I LOVE jewelry and wanted to share!

    Praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sister Sharon,

    Although not close to you by distance or relationship we share the most important relationship of all and that is that we are children of our wonderfal heavenly Father! We have been the recipeints of your Mom and Dad's love and encouragement for 30 plus years. We had the pleasure of staying with them in Corsicana, TX where are spirits were refreshed and we were given the love and encouragement we needed to continue to "fight the good fight of faith" We have loved your family more than words can describe.

    To you we send our love and have pleaded with earnestness and tears that our Father grants to you the blessings of recovery. We pray that the treatments in the coming weeks will bring an end to the cancer that you are battling with. We would send to you some words of encouragement but need to let you know that it is your faith and love for God that has rather encouraged us.

    Just know that our prayers for you, your family and your parents shall not cease. May God bless you and comfort you during the days ahead.

    Steve & Cheryl Orduno
    Paso Robles, CA
    snc@steveorduno.com

    ReplyDelete